Government: Internal independent government but forms part of the twin island Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis.
- Capital: Charlestown
- Language: English
- Country Motto: Country Above Self
- Population: 11,245
- Work Force: 5,500
- Literacy Rate: 98%
- Location: 17° North Latitude or 62° West Longitude (North East)
- Size (area): 36 sq. miles or 93 sq. kilometers
- Temperature Rate: 77° - 85° F
- Average Rainfall: 1185.9 mm over the past 11 years
- Time Zone: EST +1/0 GMT -4/-5 hours
- Currency: Eastern Caribbean Dollar (commonly known as EC$). Pegged to the US$ at 2.70
- Electricity: 110 and 220v
- Immigration: Customs and immigration formalities at the airport take a few minutes
- International Gateways: San Juan - 55 minutes, Antigua - 20 minutes Atlanta, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, London - through St. Kitts.
- Major Industries: Tourism, construction, financial services, agriculture Legal System: The legal system is based upon English Common Law which is partly codified and partly based on case law. There is a Court of Appeal and High Court of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court, with all the final appeals to her Majesty’s Privy Council in London England.
Ferry service 15 - 45 minutes. Ferries leave Charlestown, Basseterre, Cades Bay or Majors Bay periodically between:
- 7 am to 7 pm - Monday to Thursday
- 7 am to 9 pm - Fridays & Saturdays
- 8 am to 7 pm - Sundays
Drive on the left, license required. You are required to purchase a local driver's license which is valid for 3 months at a cost of $25.